How many songs have you purchased from the iTMS?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This french law seems to have everyone in a tizzy so I thought I would see what percentage of your library you obtained from the iTMS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The percentage is really irrelevant here. I have 4266 songs and only 166 of them are purchased from the iTMS. Now that's around a third of a percent, but it is still 166 songs, most of which are single tracks; I always buy albums on CD for the quality and the actually have something which I can re-rip if needs be.

Singles are £3/4 compared to £0.79 on iTunes. Albums are £9 compared to the iTMS price of £8. I think the extra quid for the CD is really worth it. To conclude, I would be devastated not being able to buy singles on iTunes, but purchased music is still less than 1% of my music...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I agree with Daniel, percent of your collection is not really important. I have hundreds of CDs I bought before iTunes. Now I probably buy a third of my music on the iTMS, but the total is still way under 10% of my collection. Total tracks, or percent of music bought in the last two years seem like more useful measures.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Out of 7559 songs, I've only purchased one. I guess I'm not the biggest user of iTMS.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    keotkeot Posts: 116member
    305 self-ripped tracks, and 53 iTMS downloads. So about 15% came from the iTMS.

Then again, about half of those iTMS tracks were "free single of the week," so I'm not sure they count as purchases.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    i stopped using iTMS in favor of AllofMP3. I actually have duplicates of the iTMS tracks because i just bought the entire album for the same price. Anway,

I have 7552 songs in my library and 223 iTMS so about 3%
  • Reply 6 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    About 5% of my Library came from iTunes, but a little less than 1/3 of my "favorites" playlist is from there.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    it's pretty much the only way I add new music to my collection. You can get cheap download codes and gift certificates off of ebay, somewhere between 40-75 cents / song or even 40-70 cents/gift certificate dollar.

probably downloaded 200 songs so far
  • Reply 8 of 9
    31-40%.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    I purchased 623 songs (25 full albums) from iTMS with another 91 songs in my "queue", which is just a playlist of songs dragged from iTMS. What is nice about this playlist is when I do purchase songs I do not have to remember the names, look for them in iTMS, and by having them in one place it is easier to decide which one(s) to buy first. When iTunes for Windows first came out I had a field day or two buying songs and albums.