Intel iMac keyboard issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm loving my first Mac but one thing that has started bugging me recently is that every so often (maybe once a day) the keyboard (except the volume up, down, mute and eject buttons) will stop working. Other times those buttons won't work and the rest of the keyboard works. Also, the mouse sometimes stops working. Both these problems can be solved by just unplugging and plugging back in. The keyboard thing only started happening maybe a week ago, but the mouse has happened longer. (It's easier to unplug the mouse and plug it back in again than the keyboard so it was less annoying!)

They're both standard Apple wired keyboard and mouse. Nothing fancy.

Anyone else experienced this? What did you do about? Can anyone suggest anything. I saw another thread where a user had a similar problem but all that was suggested was AppleCare and it didn't mention whether that was actually tried.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I donot have a solution but also am experiencing the exact same problems you describe on my core duo 20" iMac.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    That's strange. In a slightly good way at least it's not just me (though it sucks that we're having these problems).

Any question would be: is it just related to the 20" or is anyone else out there finding it with any other machines?