iPod Predictions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey,

It's my 21st next month so a new gadget is on the cards ... I've had my black & white iPod for over a year now and the new video ones look great

There seems to be loads of rumours going about that they'll be a major iPod update soon, so I was wondering what all your predictions are for any new features or technologies that might be added if there is an iPod update.

Personally I think the flash will be used for all iPods instead of hard drives, and possibly integrated bluetooth for syncing with iTunes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

Hey,

It's my 21st next month so a new gadget is on the cards ... I've had my black & white iPod for over a year now and the new video ones look great

There seems to be loads of rumours going about that they'll be a major iPod update soon, so I was wondering what all your predictions are for any new features or technologies that might be added if there is an iPod update.

Personally I think the flash will be used for all iPods instead of hard drives, and possibly integrated bluetooth for syncing with iTunes.

Not for syncing with iTunes (Oh what a horror that would be). For integration with your seperate, non Apple, mobile phone (stop playing if calls come in, route the call to the headphones of your iPod, etc).

There is a fair chance it will get a large screen and be able to play video on it, although everything in iTMS (Videos, The Daily Show etc) has the resolution of the current iPod so that goes against that rumour.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Almost forgot: This belongs in the iPod/iTunes forum. Redirecting it. And there is a lot of other threads there about the same, remember to look around b4 making new threads, okay?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Almost forgot: This belongs in the iPod/iTunes forum. Redirecting it. And there is a lot of other threads there about the same, remember to look around b4 making new threads, okay?

Sorry about that, figured this belonged in 'Future Hardware' since it technically wasen't a released product yet.

Will remember to check other forums in future
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mac76mac76 Posts: 4member
    I would love Voice Recognition for the iPod!

That way, driving and trying to find the song you need WITHOUT slamming into trees and other cars would be a reality.

"iPod, play Foo Fighters, Hero"
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac76

I would love Voice Recognition for the iPod!

That way, driving and trying to find the song you need WITHOUT slamming into trees and other cars would be a reality.

"iPod, play Foo Fighters, Hero"

Yeah, that would be a great idea. i don't know if voice recognition technologies are advanced enough yet to cater for that though.

I don't know if i like the sound of a 10" screen to be honest, apple would have to release another, or keep, the iPod existing screen size. I never liked the idea of a video iPod originally ... but after using my dad's there fantastic, so whatever Apple does they'll do it well I'm sure

...Will just have to wait until the 1st of April now!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I've often wondered about this distinction. I can see why, if there's an iPod forum, that's where all iPod discussion should take place.

However, if one is looking for rumours, predictions etc., it isn't that unusual to just look at the list, see future hardware (it is the first after all and the iPod is hardware) and assume that's where to go.

I'm not really asking for a clarification of forum policy, just suggesting that it's something of an anomaly
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I don´t think its that hard, is it?