April 1st: Steve Wozniak returning to Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know if somebody here already came up with this idea, but it struck me today:

Putting the Departure of Apples CTO Avie Tevanian on March 31st together with the picture Steve presented at the last special event of him and the other Steve (Woz) together with the Headline April 1st, 1976 and the transitioning to April 1st 2006, i figured, why not announce on Saturday, that the good old Woz will return to Apple as new CTO!

That would indeed be a nice birthday present to apple.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    Woz couldn't deal with the environment currently at apple. Too much of a laid back guy. Plus he wouldn't want all that pressure resting on his back, especially after the intel transition. I could be wrong... but i really don't see woz coming back to apple. i don't know if jobs and woz have even been in the same room together for over a decade.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he did show up for the 30 year anniversary since he was 50% of force behind the company starting. But nothing more than an appearance and maybe a few good words.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 188member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnySmith

i don't know if jobs and woz have even been in the same room together for over a decade.

Woz was seen in the same room with Jobs. At several Events, Woz was sitting in the auditorium.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Woz (and many of the other early Apple staffers, including "3rd co-founder" Mike Markula) were invited back (and on stage) for a big party. Perhaps a few games of Segway Polo that Woz seems to love so much.

Might be publicized, might be cupertinoids only. But a big logo'd cake with 30 candles, sure.

As for Woz rejoining the fruit company... um, have you read his blog at WOZ.org lately? He's been throwing a few stones at the direction of Apple of late... methinks the other Steve wouldn't exactly be thrilled to have half the press coverage of such an event given to his criticisms.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Woz said not too long ago on TWiT that he's still on Apple's payroll as an honorary employee of sorts. He reports directly to Jobs and they chat occasionally about stuff concerning Apple.

I think Woz is happiest right now, growing his Segway polo league and stuff.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Woz said not too long ago on TWiT that he's still on Apple's payroll as an honorary employee of sorts. He reports directly to Jobs and they chat occasionally about stuff concerning Apple.

I think Woz is happiest right now, growing his Segway polo league and stuff.

ah the life of the idle rich....he's also some kind of venture capitalist too.... well, he deserves it, look at all the cool stuff because of his hard work at the beginning.