Windows Media Player problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've noticed that sometimes when I try streaming a video using Windows Media Player, the status at the bottom will just stay at "Connecting to Media" and other times, I will get an error message. I have the latest version so I know that it isn't an upgrade issue. Does anyone know what can be done about this?

I am thinking about getting MLB TV and I just tried viewing a sample of it and the only player that is available to watch this with is Windows Media Player and the player just says "Connecting to Media" and nothing ever happens.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    You should try downloading Flip4Mac, it's a free Quicktime plugin that lets you play WMV.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Flip 4 mac won't work on intel macs yet.

edit:

actually I think that it will by running QT in rosetta but I haven't been able to get that to work either.

can someone post a walkthrough?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I downloaded flip4mac and it worked! I just don't know how long my trial is. Thanks for the advice
  • Reply 4 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by themachines04

I downloaded flip4mac and it worked! I just don't know how long my trial is. Thanks for the advice

The player is free. The trial is only for exporting to wmv format, which most people won't use.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    im-0nim-0n Posts: 47member
    i already dl it it worked, but somehow i cannot play .avi files, do you guys actually can play .avi files in your quicktime 7 ?

if u guys can .. please tell me how?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I use Mplayer or VLC for AVI files. Sometimes they'll work in Quicktime, but if they don't, just open them in VLC.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14738