m4ps from itunes unreadable in my car

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all: My new MP3 player in my new car can't read m4p files bought from itunes.

I'm burning a disk (with document or music option) in Toast 6.

When I try to convert the files to mp3 in iTunes, it says the files are protected.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Andre Fauteux

[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    use itunes to burn an audio cd. Then you can import that into itunes to get 'unprotected' files or into another program and rip/convert to MP3. Or just use the audio cd in your car.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

use itunes to burn an audio cd. Then you can import that into itunes to get 'unprotected' files or into another program and rip/convert to MP3. Or just use the audio cd in your car.

Will try, thanks!

Andre
  • Reply 3 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I bet iTunes would burn a data CD with the iTMS tracks, but they'd be as-is with DRM and still wouldn't play in your car. I'm sure iTunes won't transcode them to MP3 either, unless you burn an audio CD and rip that CD to MP3.

For the car I suggest you just burn a standard audio CD, buy normal CDs and rip them yourself so you can use the older MP3 codec, or just get an iPod already. The 1 GB nano is cheap and holds more files than a CD can.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yep: AIFF files converted to MP3 in itunes play in my new Matrix no problem.

But it's a shame I can't play the mp4s bought from itunes!

Thanks!

Andre

Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I bet iTunes would burn a data CD with the iTMS tracks, but they'd be as-is with DRM and still wouldn't play in your car. I'm sure iTunes won't transcode them to MP3 either, unless you burn an audio CD and rip that CD to MP3.

For the car I suggest you just burn a standard audio CD, buy normal CDs and rip them yourself so you can use the older MP3 codec, or just get an iPod already. The 1 GB nano is cheap and holds more files than a CD can.

• Reply 5 of 5
    It worked only by burning with iTunes!

Thanks very much!

Andre