HP Printer Trouble

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey there,

For some reason my HP PSC 2175 printer no longer likes to print PDF files. It'll print the first page, then hang for about 5 minutes and then spit out the first page and stop printing. It won't stop jobs on the printer, all it des is "thinks" it's printed everything and just return.

This happened after I updated to 10.4.6 and updated the latest HP printer driver. HP is wanting to blame the problem on Adobe. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but to no avail. (I'm running HP software version 7.7.2, released in January, 2006)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this? Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AgNuke1707

Hey there,

For some reason my HP PSC 2175 printer no longer likes to print PDF files. It'll print the first page, then hang for about 5 minutes and then spit out the first page and stop printing. It won't stop jobs on the printer, all it des is "thinks" it's printed everything and just return.

This happened after I updated to 10.4.6 and updated the latest HP printer driver. HP is wanting to blame the problem on Adobe. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but to no avail. (I'm running HP software version 7.7.2, released in January, 2006)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this? Thanks for the help...

Okay, apparently this is a problem with the updated HP Drivers clashing with OS X 10.4.6. I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled the software from the CD and everything works fine now. So, in case anyone else has this problem, that's what I'd suggest doing. Uninstall everything (run the supplied HP uninstaller and then go into your user and system libraries and into the preferences folders and delete the remaining HP prefs)