Great Music

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hello! Just to let you know, I've contributed to these boards for quite a while, this is not spam

Just thought you might like to hear my band on www.myspace.com/templescene

All done in Logic 7, of course, on a dual G5. Please tell me what you think! Also, if you're on myspace, please add yourself as a friend. We don't gig at the moment so we need myspace friends if we are going to look popular

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I was hoping to see some hot chicks. Oh well, the music isn't bad.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Mr. Skills, I just checked out the songs and enjoyed them. I like the singer's voice and the atmospheric guitars. I also added you as a "friend" to my personal page and would appreciate it if you could check out my band's page the dopes and add us as a friend.

Was also wondering what instrument you played.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    mr skillsmr skills Posts: 144member
    Trick Fall - I play guitar and keyboards but there are only 2 of us (we co-produce and the other guy sings) so I don't have an strict band-member role. Love the music by the way. I see you're a big Blondie fan - I worked with Richard Gottehrer a few years ago. Lovely - and crazy - guy.

Thinking Different - well just think what it's like for us. All those myspace friends and not even one groupie yet ... We have got 300 friends in just a few days though, and some amazing comments, so we're well chuffed :-)

BTW, we've just uploaded another really cool song, if you're interested.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Diggggg the songs man...any way I can download them for when I am not online?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Love the music by the way. I see you're a big Blondie fan - I worked with Richard Gottehrer a few years ago. Lovely - and crazy - guy.

Thanks for the compliment. That's awesome that you got to work with Richard Gottehrer. He also did the Go-Go's first album which is a favorite of mine. Myself and Big the dopes bass player have been Blondie fanatics since 1978 and have had the pleasure of seeing and meeting Ms. Harry and co a few times. Debbie and Chris are actually super nice kooky people. Nothing like meeting your idols and they are all you would've imagined.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

Diggggg the songs man...any way I can download them for when I am not online?

I'm afraid not at the moment. We decided not to let people download so they would have to come back to the site to listen. Since we don't have time to gig we need to use the myspace site for our promotion, and to make us look popular

Really please you like it, though

We've got a brand new song up if you're interested.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

That's awesome that you got to work with Richard Gottehrer.

Strictly in a studio tea-making capacity, you understand My band started 8 or 9 years ago but our songs were not good enough. So we broke up, and the 2 of us who wrote the songs got jobs in studios to learn our craft. So now we've finally learned enough to make the music we always wanted to make, but have a working life/hours that mean we can't gig .... but at least we have a potential career on either side of the glass
  • Reply 8 of 9
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Solid songs, well crafted.. enjoyed! Thanks
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Strictly in a studio tea-making capacity, you understand My band started 8 or 9 years ago but our songs were not good enough. So we broke up, and the 2 of us who wrote the songs got jobs in studios to learn our craft. So now we've finally learned enough to make the music we always wanted to make, but have a working life/hours that mean we can't gig .... but at least we have a potential career on either side of the glass

I totally understand the tea making. The first thing I ask aspiring editors is if they know how to make coffee and change the garbage. Not being able to gig is a mixed blessing, sometimes it's incredible fun and sometimes it's a huge pain in the ass. The stuff sounds great so not only are you talented performers and songwriters but excellent engineers as well. Good luck with it.