Just set up a flickr! How do post images using it?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I Just set up a flickr account! How do I post images in forums using it?

I'm not sure how to get the direct URL to a photo using flickr!

Can someone help?

I looked through all the FAQ and I'm still clueless.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Use Imageshack for your forum photo-posting needs. It's so much more friendly towards that sort of thing. Flickr is more for galleries, although you can try right-clicking on an image, choosing Copy Image Location or whatever, and then pasting it, although Flickr might ban hotlinking.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Use Imageshack for your forum photo-posting needs. It's so much more friendly towards that sort of thing. Flickr is more for galleries, although you can try right-clicking on an image, choosing Copy Image Location or whatever, and then pasting it, although Flickr might ban hotlinking.

Thanks I already use Imageshack I just thought I'd give Flickr a go!

Edit> I think your right Flickr wont allow hot linking, damn!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Go to 'All Sizes' on your Flickr picture that you posted, and underneath every picture in every size, you have a direct link to the picture itself that ends in *jpg.

Put that link inbetween [ img] link [/img] tags and it will show up. Flickr has not banned hotlinking. If you're a Pro user, you have 2GB of bandwidth, if you're a regular user, I think it's something like 20MB - not sure on the last one.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Thank you!! When you think it's in the 'all sizes' section, that's a bit weird.

Anyway did it thanks!