Do any of you know of any Mac only internet cafés?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Being from Ireland/Europe, Mac's are few and far between over here! Although in the past while Apple through the iPod and iTunes are creating a buzz around these parts! And some are becoming aware of the greatness of Apple Mac computers, but much less then should be, a lot of folks are clueless. This has a lot to do with the fact that there has never being one single Mac ad on t.v. here. And although apple's European headqaurters is in Ireland, it remains to be seen when we will see the first apple store pop up! What's up with that? A heck of a lot of people have iPod's, and Mac's are selling nicely here through the online store!



Do any of you know of any Mac only internet cafés? Any Mac only cafés in your area? If yes, what are they like? What's the main difference you notice? What do they lack that other PC only cafés dont? What do they have that other PC only cafés dont? (besides the obvious) Thanks!!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 12
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member




    Why would any business in their right minds make their cafe Mac *only*?? That's just silly.



    WiFi is the same, outlets are the same... what are they going to do, bar people with Windows laptops from entering, and turn away business?



    Uh, no.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha





    Why would any business in their right minds make their cafe Mac *only*?? That's just silly.



    WiFi is the same, outlets are the same... what are they going to do, bar people with Windows laptops from entering, and turn away business?



    Uh, no.




    No most internet cafés around here, contain desktop PC with no room for people to enter with their own notebook etc. So you have to use what your given! No WiFi, just plain old wired internet!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh you still have those? Wow, I haven't seen one around here in a few years now. Well, one in Seattle that's a gaming LAN house, but that's about it. I thought you meant cafes with internet access, not places that provide computers to sit at.



    No, I don't know of any Mac-only internet cafes.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    wow, i was hoping someone would actually have seen at least one. there are a few around me, and in the town of Fort Lee, where the majority population is probably Korean, there are 4 or 5 internet cafes on one street. thats where I go, although its pc . .



    someday, ill open a mac cafe since macs run windows too now..
  • Reply 5 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by nostyleart

    wow, i was hoping someone would actually have seen at least one. there are a few around me, and in the town of Fort Lee, where the majority population is probably Korean, there are 4 or 5 internet cafes on one street. thats where I go, although its pc . .



    someday, ill open a mac cafe since macs run windows too now..




    Me too! That's my plan anyway. I was hoping someone here has seen an all Mac one somewhere.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    yeah, a mac cafe would be nuts. i would design the place to pretty much be all white with glass tables and an aqua interface kinda look. and blue neon lights running around the edges of the floor. ah, its nice to dream.. but its my plan for now...
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I guess the Apple Store here would fit that description...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    mimacmimac Posts: 871member
    I remember using one in Airlie Beach (Queensland, Australia) about six years or so back. They had about a dozen or more bondi blue iMacs in the place. I also booked a boat trip to the Whitsunday Islands through the cafe. Can't remember the name of the place tho \
  • Reply 9 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,751member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MiMac

    I remember using one in Airlie Beach (Queensland, Australia) about six years or so back. They had about a dozen or more bondi blue iMacs in the place. I also booked a boat trip to the Whitsunday Islands through the cafe. Can't remember the name of the place tho \



    Cool! Interesting. How tricky do you guys think it would be to set up 10-12 Mac's in the internet café type network?

    Say a timer, cost, number type network set-up. Where someone could pick say no. 7. One would activate that computer remotely, and the timer would start on their desktop, and on the main computer for reference. So basically they are ready to go, can start browsing etc. and there would be a record to keep track of things. Clueless!

    Mac IT needed I think?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    You could use ARD for that afaik.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha

    Oh you still have those? Wow, I haven't seen one around here in a few years now. Well, one in Seattle that's a gaming LAN house, but that's about it. I thought you meant cafes with internet access, not places that provide computers to sit at.



    No, I don't know of any Mac-only internet cafes.




    I think a Mac internet cafe would be neat. It'd be a good gimmick to get people into your place. Isn't a place with wireless access & no computers just a coffee shop with a router?



    The Internet cafe format makes a lot more sense in Europe, what with the presence of tourists and the population density. And they are everywhere. EasyJet has "Easy Internet Cafe" even.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,835member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha





    ... what are they going to do, bar people with Windows laptops from entering, and turn away business?




    But you've got to admit Kick, it would be extremely fun to watch.
Sign In or Register to comment.