Mac Mini Apple Remote Reciever

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
How long ago did they add the apple remote reciever (IR reciever?) into the Mac Mini's. I am wondering if I should bring my Apple Remote to school for a keynote presentation that I'm doing and they bought a mac mini about half a year ago. Did those Mac Mini's have them? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow Slayer 26

How long ago did they add the apple remote reciever (IR reciever?) into the Mac Mini's. I am wondering if I should bring my Apple Remote to school for a keynote presentation that I'm doing and they bought a mac mini about half a year ago. Did those Mac Mini's have them? Thanks.

It was introduced on the last revision (Intel) about 5 weeks ago, so if your Macs are 6 months old, they won't have them.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

The receiver is a little black square at the right hand side of the dvd drive cutaway.

My question is, has anyone found out something cool or useful to do with that remote?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Control keynote presentations, use front row...thats about it.

Anyways thanks...i guess ill just have to use a boring old mouse now lol...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dr_lhadr_lha Posts: 236member
    You can make the mini go to sleep by holding down the play button. A little image of a Apple remote with Z's above it pops up briefly.

Pressing play turns the mini back on.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Control keynote presentations, use front row...thats about it.

Anyways thanks...i guess ill just have to use a boring old mouse now lol...

what about PowerPoint presentations?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Not sure...maybe since it seems i can control front row w/ my arrow keys, so maybe the circle buttons on the remote do the same exact thing as the arrow keys...which i think controls power point.