Starcraft + 10.1.5 = :(

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is anyone here having trouble running Starcraft (or Brood War for that matter) on 10.1.5?

AlbertWu from MacNN pointed this out and apparently we are the only ones affected. I have been trying to find anything that may be running that might be affecting it, but I have found nothing.

As soon as I launch it, I hear the CD spin up and then it dies and says "The application Starcraft (Carbon) has unexpectedly quit."

Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

This 10.1.5 update is finding ways to make me angrier by the hour.

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Well, I got a fix and will post it here if anyone else needs it:

When you launch the Application and the options window comes up, Click "Don't Show Again." Press okay and let it start and then consequently crash. The next time you launch it, it will run okay.

If you ever need to bring the options dialog up later, simply hold down the option key when starting Starcraft.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Starfleet X,

I'll play with Starcraft tonight and give you a report tomorrow. Otherwise, I've been too busy playing RtCW (BTW, patch 1.32 released for RtCW today).

Also, I've had zero problems with 10.1.5., but I'm not a power user like you.

All of these updates are making my head spin (MS Office SR1, 10.1.5., RtCW 1.32). Quite a week.

Talk to you tomorrow.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    Starcraft Brood War works fine for me in 10.1.5. But I had checked that "don't show again" button in the options screen prior to installing 10.1.5, so it falls in line with your reasoning.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Same with me - Starcraft works fine under 10.1.5. And I also had the "don't show" box already checked.