Screen Problem on the New Video iPod!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/04/13/rum...d_delayed.html

Screen redesign, evidently.

I gotta tell you....

I freakin' love Apple Computer. They won't ship what doesn't work. I'm just glad they caught this issue when they did, rather than one of us whining AI-er's finding it (speaking only for myself, of course).

"Good catch" to whomever at Cupertino or where ever. Get it fixed, make it work and I'll buy one or a few.

V/R,

Aries 1B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    I figured thats what happed after all this hoopla about the MBP's. I doubt they would want to go thru all this return/replacement bs again.

If they would have released 2 products with widespread problems in a row I'm sure the whole technology media community would have been in an uproar.

I think apple is going to do a lot more testing of their new products now and in the future. It may slow down there release cycle but I'm sure there will be few flaws in upcoming products.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Don't forget that both; this iPod, and it's delays are RUMORS.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

But I thought that Apple owned ThinkSecret, and issued press releases exclusively through them sometimes?

• Reply 4 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Yes. I love Ars take on this. "Rumored video iPod rumored to be delayed"
  • Reply 5 of 18
    You know one time this rumored monkey flew out of steve job's ass and allegedly designed a device supposed to be so incredible that anyone who used it would purportedly die of a coolness overdose.

I heard it was true.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

You know one time this rumored monkey flew out of steve job's ass and allegedly designed a device supposed to be so incredible that anyone who used it would purportedly die of a coolness overdose.

I heard it was true.

I got a good belly laugh out of that one befiore I even finished it. thanks..
  • Reply 7 of 18
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I wonder what the exact problem was.

When these come out I still don't think I'll buy one (and i'm in the market for a new ipod). There is something about not having a tangible / feedback control that bothers me. I like to reach in my pocket and change songs. Would prove difficult with this device (judging from the rumored photos).

I'll stick to the click-wheel thank you.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

When these come out I still don't think I'll buy one (and i'm in the market for a new ipod). There is something about not having a tangible / feedback control that bothers me. I like to reach in my pocket and change songs. Would prove difficult with this device (judging from the rumored photos).

Get one of those remote things...
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacSuperiority

Get one of those remote things...

lol
  • Reply 10 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Thats actually a very valid argument. I had not thought of that before.

I have waited out on the current iPod because of the possibility of getting a much larger screen. But I honestly don´t know if the trade off is worth it.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I have waited out on the current iPod because of the possibility of getting a much larger screen. But I honestly don´t know if the trade off is worth it.

Well at least the price will come down on the click-wheels when the video model comes out
  • Reply 12 of 18
    lotharsnllotharsnl Posts: 113member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I'm not sure if this would address your concerns, but I've read of a product that mounts to the top of the iPods, and has all the controls across (facing up) it. I assume it was for those who wanted to wear an iPod on their belt in a case, and could have access to the controls on the top. I can't remember what it's called, but if I understand what you're saying, I think something like it my solve that problem.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    All apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Is there any chance that an updated video iPod could bring with it added PDA functionality, such as a mobile version of iCal that could have events added to it and synched with iCal?

I never had a Newton, never seen one, but it seems about time, don't you think? I use iCal religiously and a PDA-like iPod would force me to finally break down and get one. Until then, I really don't envy those who have iPods because I rarely listen to anything with headphones, and my Powerbook works fine as a mobile stereo system - self-powered studio monitor speakers replaced my old Kenwood receiver a couple of years ago.

Thoughts about this? I've been gone from AppleInsider forums for about 4 years, ever since you all gave me all the info I needed before buying my Powerbook. Now I think this longing for an Apple PDA brings me back...

Best,

Peter
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by CoolHandPete

All apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Is there any chance that an updated video iPod could bring with it added PDA functionality, such as a mobile version of iCal that could have events added to it and synched with iCal?

I never had a Newton, never seen one, but it seems about time, don't you think? I use iCal religiously and a PDA-like iPod would force me to finally break down and get one. Until then, I really don't envy those who have iPods because I rarely listen to anything with headphones, and my Powerbook works fine as a mobile stereo system - self-powered studio monitor speakers replaced my old Kenwood receiver a couple of years ago.

Thoughts about this? I've been gone from AppleInsider forums for about 4 years, ever since you all gave me all the info I needed before buying my Powerbook. Now I think this longing for an Apple PDA brings me back...

Best,

Peter

I take it you are referring to iCal data being on the iPod itself?? So you know what is coming up etc??

iPods have had that since the original iPod. You can sync your iPod with iCal and move all the iCal data over to your iPod. It has a nice calendar and you select a day and it tells you all of your appointments.... Is this what you are talking about?
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

I take it you are referring to iCal data being on the iPod itself?? So you know what is coming up etc??

iPods have had that since the original iPod. You can sync your iPod with iCal and move all the iCal data over to your iPod. It has a nice calendar and you select a day and it tells you all of your appointments.... Is this what you are talking about?

I think he wants to edit his data on the iPod.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

I think he wants to edit his data on the iPod.

Ohhh... well hrm... buy a phone? kthxbye
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Ohhh... well hrm... buy a phone? kthxbye

• Reply 18 of 18
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I still don't know if I want a touch screen iPod...it could turn out terrible.