Football - NFL and College

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Lets talk about football! The draft is coming up!

I'm a huge Packer fan. I think the Packers are going to take VY if he's there, but I would rather they take AJ Hawk.

Here is a forum where I post about football at!

<a href="http://www.packerrats.com/">Packer Rats</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tensdanny38

Lets talk about football! The draft is coming up!

I'm a huge Packer fan. I think the Packers are going to take VY if he's there, but I would rather they take AJ Hawk.

Here is a forum where I post about football at!

<a href="http://www.packerrats.com/">Packer Rats</a>

I'm the complete opposite of you

I have this growing sinking feeling that VY will be there at #5 and GB will pass him up and regret it for the next 12 years. Aaron Rodgers is not the answer. Late first round QB's rarely are. I honestly think the only took Rodgers becuase they felt like they had to (lest they be skewered by fans and the media), not because they actually thought him a particularly great prospect.

Vince Young reminds me a lot of Steve Young. If he wasn't a quarterback, he'd probably be a safety.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I'm a fool. Which in my native tongue mean I'm a Lions fan. I reallly have no clue who I'd even want them to draft this year. But with all this talk of Vince Young sliding, I'm terrrified he'll be there when their 9 pick comes up.

The guy's mechanics are aweful, and he has bust written all over him. With Martz coming in as offensive coordinator, they need a smart guy with a big arm, and more importantly with a quick fluid throwing motion.

No matter who they pick though: Lions 5-11 again.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Does anyone besides me think that the draft, salary cap, free-agency, and the general commercialization of NCAA are all bad things? The fact remains that these kids eat, sleep, and breathe football all their lives only to have to go through college and high school. I hate to say it, but the way the professional athletics system works in this country is incredibly anti-competitive. At least that's my excuse as to why the big games always suck these days: too many regulations about who can get who. It's bad for the fans.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I'm a fool. Which in my native tongue mean I'm a Lions fan. I reallly have no clue who I'd even want them to draft this year. But with all this talk of Vince Young sliding, I'm terrrified he'll be there when their 9 pick comes up.

The guy's mechanics are aweful, and he has bust written all over him. With Martz coming in as offensive coordinator, they need a smart guy with a big arm, and more importantly with a quick fluid throwing motion.

No matter who they pick though: Lions 5-11 again.

Yeah, yeah, the whole mechanics argument. I just can't take it seriously. He gets the ball there, accurately, dropped back or on the move, and with touch or on a rope. I don't think he has a slow release at all, just not a "normal" release.

You don't single-handedly will your team to win the Rose Bowl in TWO consecutive years, and not be one hell of a player.

Frankly, I think Matt Leinert has Kerry Collins written all over him. A pretty deep ball and not a whole lot else.