New Apple Apps: iSchedule + Pluto

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just posted this on Spymac -

I just got an email from Apple regarding a survey for iPod/Photography owners.

Aside from the interesting number of questions regarding mobile phone cameras, there wasn't much to report - other than this odd question:

Screenshots uploaded to Flickr -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26722708@N00/

(If anyone is doubting the veracity of this, the link to the survey is:

http://surveys.bayasoft.com/doxus/00...pid=1092496639

Now, naturally, my "id" # is taken - so pick one of the digits and replace it with another number... then go through it (make sure you select that none of your family or you do PR / advertising / etc) - and look for yourselves...)

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Are you a photographer? I don't think iSchedule is an apple app. Google
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Are you a photographer? I don't think iSchedule is an apple app. Google

I know - but the question is, "Which of the following APPLE apps..." - Apple generally doesn't make mistakes like that, and if any, I'd figure other apps would be in there too, if it was a "Apple apps + 3rd Pty apps" question...

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, just thought it was interesting and worth noting.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Interesting

iSchedule and Pluto. What in Bob's name could they be?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gee4orcegee4orce Posts: 165member
    The could be double-check questions, so ensuure the validity of the answers. If either of these boxes have been checked, then clearly the respondant doesn't know what the heck they are talking about because they are non-existent apps.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Pluto = Disney/Pixar = Pluto (the Dog)?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gee4orce

The could be double-check questions, so ensuure the validity of the answers. If either of these boxes have been checked, then clearly the respondant doesn't know what the heck they are talking about because they are non-existent apps.

I think that this is the most valid answer to this.

Apple is so secretive that perhaps one but certainly not two different apps would be secreted in an online survey.

Nope, I think that they are there to cull out the folks who don't really use/are aware of all of the apps, or, the ones that click all of the fields.

Interesting but I am afraid that this is just a clever way of getting better results.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fireworks501

I know - but the question is, "Which of the following APPLE apps..." - Apple generally doesn't make mistakes like that, and if any, I'd figure other apps would be in there too, if it was a "Apple apps + 3rd Pty apps" question...

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, just thought it was interesting and worth noting.

Are you a photographer? Why did you get this eMail?