iPod loophole discovered by clever resellers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've just read this article and found this line of particular interest:

"Often the last in the supply chain to receive stock of constrained Apple products such as the latest iPods, some resellers reportedly formed creative solutions to the problem in order maintain their flow of business and meet the needs of their customers".

Well guys and gals, being in New Zealand, I would not hesitate to say that we are probably a little further DOWN the supply chain than yourselves.

But I have found a way around this.

At the begining of this year I was making a purchase of 38 iMac's (educational), when I queried Apple here in New Zealand about upgrading my ordered G5's to Intel iMacs, they had to contact Apple Australia as Apple NZ is only a branch office.

Apple Australia said they could not deliver for 6-10 weeks.

So I went to the Apple Australia website, saw that I could purchase online and have them delivered within 24hours.

So again I called Apple NZ, asked them to explain why this was so, after all, I was purchasing for education and I thought this was one of Apples prized markets.

To cut it a little shorter, basically I was "fobbed-off" by Apple Aust. Too little and too far down the supply chain to give a stuff about.

My solution, I sent an email to: [email protected] stating my concerns at how poorly we were looked upon by Apple Aust.

The VERY next day, I had a phone call from Apple New Zealand saying delivery would be within a few working days. Needless to say, I was also chastised by Apple NZ over this too.

But, I guess I'm not that far down the supply chain after all.

PS: I started querying Apple NZ about swapping our ordered G5's for Intels the same day the Intels were released. This whole process took about 4 days.

PPS: It's nice to know that someone reads Steve's mail.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    if a company chastised me for daring to expect customer service i'd think twice about giving them my custom, regardless of who they were.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by david101

if a company chastised me for daring to expect customer service i'd think twice about giving them my custom, regardless of who they were.

Yeah, I'd think you could find SOMEBODY to sell you macs sans hassle!