AppleCare Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My wife and I recently purchased a new iMac Core Duo from Amazon.com. I want to purchase AppleCare for my new iMac and my wife is a teacher.

Does anyone know if we purchase the iMac AppleCare at the education price ($119) instead of the retail price ($169)? Or does one only qualify for education price AppleCare if the computer was purchased via education?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I'm fairly sure that they wouldn't quibble - maybe just order over the home to make sure.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

My wife and I recently purchased a new iMac Core Duo from Amazon.com. I want to purchase AppleCare for my new iMac and my wife is a teacher.

Does anyone know if we purchase the iMac AppleCare at the education price ($119) instead of the retail price ($169)? Or does one only qualify for education price AppleCare if the computer was purchased via education?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

iPhone apple.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    You will get the discount. I purchase my MBP from CompUSA (because of availabliity) and purchases applecare through the apple education store for the discounted price.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

You will get the discount. I purchase my MBP from CompUSA (because of availabliity) and purchases applecare through the apple education store for the discounted price.

Thank you.

Dave