iPod nano problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got a Nano, and I'm having trouble. I plugged it in, and iTunes didn't recognize it. So I tried iPod updater, which said Ipod Service Unavailable. I tried my other computer, and got the same error, so I think it's a problem with the ipod. Can anyone tell me what to do without voiding my warrantee?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    useroneuserone Posts: 55member
    I don't have a nano (yet) so I can't answer from personal experience.

However go to Apple - Support

on this page is a clickable short list:

iPod Issues?

These five steps (known as the five Rs) will conquer most iPod issues.

1. Reset your iPod.

2. Retry with a different USB port.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Reinstall iPod and iTunes software.

5. Restore your iPod.

AND

The Forums there should be of more specific use to problem solving as are looked at by tech support staff.

Good luck

/u1
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by userone

I don't have a nano (yet) so I can't answer from personal experience.

However go to Apple - Support

on this page is a clickable short list:

iPod Issues?

These five steps (known as the five Rs) will conquer most iPod issues.

1. Reset your iPod.

2. Retry with a different USB port.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Reinstall iPod and iTunes software.

5. Restore your iPod.

AND

The Forums there should be of more specific use to problem solving as are looked at by tech support staff.

Good luck

/u1

Thanks. Actually none of that worked, but someone at Apple fixed it. My question now is the following: It says there's not enough space on the iPod to update selected playlists. Doesn't the Nano have an autofill similar to the Shuffle?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by chocolatedude

Doesn't the Nano have an autofill similar to the Shuffle?

Nope.

The only way around it is to make yourself some smart playlists that are size-limited and have those automatically synced to the nano.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Nope.

The only way around it is to make yourself some smart playlists that are size-limited and have those automatically synced to the nano.

Thanks. That's strange; you'd think they would have that.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by chocolatedude

Thanks. That's strange; you'd think they would have that.

I thought so, too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kidzeekidzee Posts: 2member
    I don't have an answer for you, as I don't use iPod nano. I use iTouch and I had to suffer a lot right after buying it, as I was unable to download or transfer videos from my PC. As I am not a very tech savy I could not detect the problem. When I was thinking of replacing it with a new one my friend advised me to visit http://www.supportonclick.com. As I followed his advice the staffs over there detected the problem and solved it almost immediately. Now the same iTouch is doing fine. I didn't have to replace it. I think there is a problem with your iPod nano. You can get in touch with supportonclick to check the fault. The staffs are quite expert and I hope they will be able to solve the problem.