Woodcrest coming to Mac in Q3?

jbljbl
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I couldn't see that anyone posted this yet.

In short it says that some guy at Intel said that Macs would have Woodcrest first, in Q3 '06.

Sorry about not posting this in the "Intel PowerMac" thread. That one seems to have been taken over by a rather boring ATI vs Nvidia debate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

In short it says that some guy at Intel said that Macs would have Woodcrest first, in Q3 '06.

Sorry about not posting this in the "Intel PowerMac" thread. That one seems to have been taken over by a rather boring ATI vs Nvidia debate.

Whatever they are going to contain, it'll happen at WWDC in August!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I like Woodcrest
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    I like Conroe and Merom...

oh, And my girlfriend, i like her a lot too.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

oh, And my girlfriend, i like her a lot too.

Did she enter the room while you were typing?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think he gets a yonah when he thinks of his girlfrend.

• Reply 6 of 9
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    8)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

What are you talking about? Processor stuff was in that thread, but earlier we ran out of dirt to chew, but it has been back on Woodcrest Conroe, and merom for over 24 hours. This power Page article was not in the thread. Although we have assumed the following for a while. There are few people that kept saying Apple would introduce a Conroe Mac Pro first, but that would be impossible being that Woodcrest will be the first of the line released according to reports from intel.

Although this is a Power Page quote so obviously don't believe everything you read.

Quote:

From PowerPage

Apple customers may be the first to enjoy Intel?s new CPU goodies, with the Woodcrest family of processors making it into Macintosh workstations as early as the third quarter. Woodcrest systems will be symmetric multi processing (SMP), with dual processors with up to four cores each. One such machine was demonstrated at IDF, running benchmarks under Windows XP 64-bit edition, showing eight active cores.

• Reply 8 of 9
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Although this is a Power Page quote so obviously don't believe everything you read.

Intel demonstrated a Clovertown system, not a Woodcrest system.

BTW a 1 chip 2GHz Clovertown scores 1723 in Cinebench 9.5 MP rendering (...according to Intel...).
  • Reply 9 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smalM

Intel demonstrated a Clovertown system, not a Woodcrest system.

BTW a 1 chip 2GHz Clovertown scores 1723 in Cinebench 9.5 MP rendering (...according to Intel...).

No doubt. I didn't even see that they flubbed that article when I wrote that reply, and included them. Talk about truth hurting. Don't believe the shit they write. They were already bullshitting the words I quoted.