• Reply 1 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Ha ha. . . very funny. .
  • Reply 2 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I thought it was.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    It's more that, being a Florida resident, I got excited and it turned out to be not worth getting excited about. I used the "grumble" smiley because I thought it exuded the appropriate amount of lighthearted approval.

With that said, I'm not sure if flamingoes even live in Florida. The plastic ones probably do, but I've only lived here for two years and I generally stay out of trailer parks. But now I'm kind of motivated to get one myself. I'm not sure how the condo association will feel about it, though.

• Reply 4 of 10
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Birds are asymptomatic carriers of the Avian Flus.

The post was funny, just saying birds don't get bird flu, even if they're made of plastic .
  • Reply 5 of 10
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    i might be wrong, because im from Kansas and down here we dont see alot of flamingos, but those dont look very real to me.

I think this guy is just trying to pull our legs!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, that, uh, could be the case.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

Birds are asymptomatic carriers of the Avian Flus.

The post was funny, just saying birds don't get bird flu, even if they're made of plastic .

Dude you are completely wrong. The bird flu is as dangerous to birds right now as it would be to humans if it could be transfered from person to person. They are defenetly not asymptomatic carriers. If they get "bird flu" they die. If the virus makes a few small genetic shifts it will show the same effects in humans as it does in birds right now.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    I found it funny, and I live in this infernal swamp.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacSuperiority

Dude you are completely wrong. The bird flu is as dangerous to birds right now as it would be to humans if it could be transfered from person to person. They are defenetly not asymptomatic carriers. If they get "bird flu" they die. If the virus makes a few small genetic shifts it will show the same effects in humans as it does in birds right now.

Well, the mortality rate for the birds certainly isn't 100%
  • Reply 10 of 10
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacSuperiority

I think you're partially right, however:

http://www.influenza-prevention.info/

... wild fowl act as natural asymptomatic carriers, spreading it to more susceptible domestic stocks.

That's where I got fowled up. HAHAHA damn I'm funny.