My touchpad button is being weird

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey all,

So, I don't know what happened. I haven't even MOVED my PB12 in a couple of days, and I just noticed, the touchpad button doesn't press.

That is to say, it doesn't have a tactile press. It's like, almost pressed all the time. You can't rest your finger on it or it presses and stays pressed.

I'm kinda worried that it'll turn to Always Pressed soon.

Anyone know if this is a common problem? Or if my laptop heard the rumours about the small-factor MBP and is trying to make sure I'll get one? And if it is common, is it an easy-fix?...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I would smash it really hard with my fist 5 or 6 times.

Then when you hear a cracking sound, go and buy a MBP .

It's maybe just worn out and you need to get it fixed. Every clicker fails eventually. I would personally stop using it immediately before it does stick down and use an external mouse.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jethro1138jethro1138 Posts: 104member
    Well, an external mouse isn't really practical when your laptop is actually on your lap a lot of the time. Luckily I can still tap the touchpad.

I'll go to an apple store today and see how much of a shafting fixing the thing is.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jethro1138

Well, an external mouse isn't really practical when your laptop is actually on your lap a lot of the time. Luckily I can still tap the touchpad.

I'll go to an apple store today and see how much of a shafting fixing the thing is.

Repeat after me.

"Apple Care is part of the Price!"

here is a diy repair if you are brave.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Top-Ca...w-p-16378.html
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jethro1138jethro1138 Posts: 104member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

"Apple Care is part of the Price!"

After 2 years? I dunno... oooh, diy!