DVD-R Burning

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a little situation. What I want to do is burn a divx (.avi) file onto a DVD with iDVD and it doesn't support it or something. Or am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway I can get this file format onto a DVD so I can show my family my movie. Or is there a way I can change the file format to a format that iDVD supports. Or is there any other software I can use like iDVD. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You could save it as a regular Quicktime Movie and then get it into iDVD. Quicktime Pro may be necessary to do this. Oh - there's shareware called AVI2MOV that does that, too. Check versiontracker.com.

Or you could burn it onto a CD as a VCD - Toast can do that. I don't believe there's any way to create a VCD with only the Apple-provided disk burning software, but maybe someone else would know how to do it?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    fonerootfoneroot Posts: 102member
    Ok, I should be able to do it if I can convert it to .mov but the only problem is that I don't have QuickTime Pro. And I don't want to spend $30.00 and buy it. Is there any other program that will convert .avi (DivX) to .mov?