My MBP get's so hot, i think i might get scrotum and blood CANCER!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm now working several days on my macbook pro, the temperature is simply to hot. I did some searching:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article...000_1000_nb_01

'Laptop Computers May Affect Male Fertility'

Besides that when im typing for some hours on the hot MBP i feel pressure in my complete hands, and lower arms, just like my blood is boiling hot. Also i found that since i have this macbook pro, i have problems with headache's, then i stop working until my hands temperature are normal again so the headache goes away. I admid i'm a nerd, and a freak, but i did not have these symptons before.

If i ever get cancer out of this machine, sorry Steve, but i will see you in court!!!

What do you think about this ? Is there any macbook pro user that does not have a hot macbook ?? Did they ever TESTED or USED this machine at apple ?? Did they REALLY find this temperature thing 'normal', i'm very disapointed, i cannot imagine i work 3 years on this machine like this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Heat won't cause the cancer, but the unfavorable conditions will cause your parts to 'adjust' and therefor will no longer be in optimum tadpole-creation condition. On paper, this represents a drop in numbers. Not sterility.

Can't wait for some southerner to fry his nads with a MacBook Pro instead of using a condom. "The resulting lawsuit bought this house. Your our favorite accident."

If you want to be paranoid, you want to be careful of is the wireless card. That is a 2-5 watt omnidirectional microwave over resting on your parts. That is far more dangerous than a little heat and completely legal.

Quote:

Originally posted by sternone

Also i found that since i have this macbook pro, i have problems with headache's

Try adjusting the screen brightness to a more comfortable level. Too bright/dim causes eye strain, headaches, or even migraines.

Enjoy.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    scarecrowscarecrow Posts: 148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Can't wait for some southerner to fry his nads with a MacBook Pro instead of using a condom. "The resulting lawsuit bought this house. Your our favorite accident."

WTF is that supposed to mean?
  • Reply 3 of 20
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Sounds like a cheap(er) painless alternative to a vasectomy. Maybe that's how I ought to pitch the new purchase of a MBP to my wife.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    i better start impregnating people now.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

i better start impregnating people now.

Hey, that's insensitive, someone has a gun to his head forcing him use that laptop.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    tdnc101tdnc101 Posts: 109member
    Damn you, blood cancer!
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Its called leukemia btw not "blood cancer".
  • Reply 8 of 20
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SCARECROW

WTF is that supposed to mean?

It was a pun by this Cali-type meant to take a jab at the southern states. I mixed in a butchered Family Guy quote for kicks.

I guess it didn't work. I'll try better next time.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

just like my blood is boiling hot

Take your temperature. If it is less than 212° Fahrenheit, you can rest assured that your blood is not YET boiling.

• Reply 10 of 20
    robin hoodrobin hood Posts: 513member
    My MBP is pretty much cool to the touch, even the area above the keyboard only gets lukewarm under heavy load (even when I am running it closed with an external monitor for several hours).

I think your MBP may be faulty. Instead of whining about it, why don't you call Apple and ask them to repair it, if it is indeed faulty? You should be able to send it in, they'll repair it, and you'll have it back within a couple of days.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    robin hoodrobin hood Posts: 513member
    I should note that my MBP runs significantly cooler than my 1.67GHz PB that I had before.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

I should note that my MBP runs significantly cooler than my 1.67GHz PB that I had before.

You must be lucky then, I have the latest model powerbook before my macbook and the MBP is alot hotter. I use my desktop on my desk, I use my desktop at work, I use my MBP everywhere else. Airports, cars, trains, recliner, etc -- none of which have tables. Apple's explanation is "it is not a LAPtop, it is a notebook, it isn't intended to be use on your lap." I understand that, but this is crazy. I have used every laptop I have owned (including the last 5 generations of 15" powerbooks and now the MBP) and none of them become nearly unbarable with 45 minutes like the MBP.

Like I said, you must be lucky.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

My MBP is pretty much cool to the touch, even the area above the keyboard only gets lukewarm under heavy load (even when I am running it closed with an external monitor for several hours).

Do you have a way to monitor the temperature? I haven't kept up with whether or not people are documenting the ones that feel too hot.

Quote:

I think your MBP may be faulty. Instead of whining about it, why don't you call Apple and ask them to repair it, if it is indeed faulty? You should be able to send it in, they'll repair it, and you'll have it back within a couple of days.

That's definitely what I would do. Since people are reporting that their identical machine does not get hot, there is a warranty-eligible issue here.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    I sent mine to apple and they replaced a few parts including the logic board. It felts cooler for a little while, but now it is back to blazing hot. It took two weeks to get it back, that is with the $300 applecare.

It isn't easy to send in your brand new two or three thousand dollar computer for a couple weeks. You buy the computer to use, not to break. I had an hp tc4200 and there was a problem with it. I sent it in Monday. It was back Wednesday morning at 10:30. That is the way service should be done, especially if you pay $300 for the extra warranty.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    oh my gosh and thank my unlucky stars.... i bought my mac AFTER i got my second go of leukemia... does that mean G4 mac minis CURE cancer??

i live in N.Ireland, and was told by Drs that MY type of Leukemia is 99% ONLY had by those of spanish decent... and lo and behold ive always been pretty dark skinned on my mothers side.... so i doubt ANY computer will give you "blood cancer"

as to mobile phones... i didnt own one till AFTER i went into remission in 1999

isnt there a state in america that insists hardware stores that sell !!SAND!! HAVE TO HAVE a sign up that warns of the cancer causing side effects...

something to do with the silicone (not 100% sure what the "agent" is in the sand) so stay the hell away from the beach.... with your lap top...

ahem.

oh yeah.. im ok now.. i had a bone marrow transplant in jan- march (2 months in an isolation room) this year, they said yesterday at a check up... that if it wasnt for my iron liver... i shouldnt really be here... but they were glad i was

Rod
  • Reply 16 of 20
    jimathyjimathy Posts: 2member
    i'm just hoping that they can get it right a second time with mine next week.

mine also came back hotter, so hot in fact i almost burnt my hand on the left hand speaker with an ipod connected in the left usb port.

i was thinking of putting some instructions on how to properly apply thermal compound on the keyboard.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    Some MBP users on other forums have reported that resetting the power manager has resulted in a noticeably cooler-running machine. It looks like a very simple process that would be worth a try before initiating a repair.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by sternone

I admid i'm a nerd, and a freak

Two things:

1) you probably won't get the chance to procreate

2) If you do, SJ will have done us a favor by making sure there aren't any swimmers with enough numbers or energy to lap the pool.

gc
  • Reply 19 of 20
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

I sent mine to apple and they replaced a few parts including the logic board. It felts cooler for a little while, but now it is back to blazing hot. It took two weeks to get it back, that is with the $300 applecare.

It isn't easy to send in your brand new two or three thousand dollar computer for a couple weeks. You buy the computer to use, not to break. I had an hp tc4200 and there was a problem with it. I sent it in Monday. It was back Wednesday morning at 10:30. That is the way service should be done, especially if you pay $300 for the extra warranty.

If it is brand new, paying 300 extra shouldn't change anything. If there is a problem with it, Apple is responsible for it. They will argue that there isn't a problem for it, though, so you literally have to beg.

I was once told that there was no documented case of my particular problem and therefore it wasn't a problem, so they could not pick up my machine. Catch-22. I asked how ever got a documented case if they declined to pick up machines users claimed to be faulty in the first place? The response was the best part: silence for two minutes. Apple has a crap load more money than we the common geeks on the planet do (no offense intended to anyone out there) and they can damn well spend a little bit of OUR money (we gave it to them) tomake sure their machines "just work" as advertised.

I have said this elsewhere and will repeat it. If there is an issue with a product within a year of purchase, it was not made correctly and should be replaced by the manufacturer without any fuss.

• Reply 20 of 20
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Cancer from infared... uh huh..

I guess we should avoid temperatures higher than 0 Kelvin.

The little swimmers die every day and a half.. if you think your count is low, stop putting the thing on your lap for a couple days.

Unless you're trying to make babies, it shouldn't affect you otherwise.