Album Art Extractor

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
First of all, this could be in this forum or the iPod forum but i wasn't sure. If a Mod wants to move it, please do.

I am looking for a program which will extract the album art from each album. I do not one for each file, just each album specifically.

I want each file to be saved as a jpeg or something like that. My eventual goal is to make a photo mosaic or at least a collage

I have about 700 albums so i do not want to do this by hand if at all possible.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Fetch Art and iTunes Cool both offer to grab album art from the web... usually Amazon.

iTunes Cool will also get liner notes and lyrics.

Neither are successful with 100% of songs in my library (and sometimes grab the 'wrong album' if the track was on more than one disc), but both are pretty good at labour saving for the bulk of tunes.

Both will work with 'selected' tracks or the whole library (although if you've got a lot of songs they're a bit slow).

YMMV
  • Reply 2 of 5
    admactaniumadmactanium Posts: 812member
    i think he's wanting to go the other direction and pull the album art out from his music files in order to use that art in another program (like photoshop). that's interesting, there must be a way since apple's album art screensaver does just that.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

i think he's wanting to go the other direction and pull the album art out from his music files in order to use that art in another program (like photoshop). that's interesting, there must be a way since apple's album art screensaver does just that.

One of the apps above (not sure which since I have both installed) creates a folder in your ~/Pictures directory called "iTunes Artwork".

One large folder full of all your art.

Shouldn't be too hard to collage that...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

One of the apps above (not sure which since I have both installed) creates a folder in your ~/Pictures directory called "iTunes Artwork".

One large folder full of all your art.

Shouldn't be too hard to collage that...

The problem with that is that i then have to get the music again for the different albums.

admactanium, you have a point. I should have realized that since that is my screensaver. I wonder how apple does it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    catman4d2catman4d2 Posts: 174member
    Apple so needs to incorporate these features into Itunes natively!!!!

whoah just downloaded Itunes cool... SUPER APP!!!!!!! it is incorporated into itunes via a little flag,this things is awesome and pretty accurate.

damn im gonna go rip some cds!!!