No Warranty on Apple Student Developer Discount?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey, I was just about to get a 17 - Inch Macbook Pro when a friend of mine told me that the Macbook Pro is not covered by the limited one year warranty from Apple if it is purchased through the Apple Student Developer Connection Discount. Does anyone know if this is true? I really don't want to spend an extra $350 on AppleCare off the spot.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Funny, my PowerBook G4 was three years ago...

Here's the proper page to read up on: http://developer.apple.com/students/sthardware.html

The PDF on that page, pgs 7-8, are the ones you want to inspect. *I* don't see anything on there about it, but you can always contact ADC and ask.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Your friend is mistaken.

From the Apple Student Developer Hardware Discount page:

http://developer.apple.com/students/sthardware.html

Quote:

All products are accompanied by Apple's standard limited hardware warranty for those products. Purchases made outside of the ADC Hardware Purchase Program will not be re-booked or credited at developer pricing. There are no refunds or exchanges on items purchased through the ADC Hardware Purchase Program.

Quote:

Originally posted by mnm2004bft

Hey, I was just about to get a 17 - Inch Macbook Pro when a friend of mine told me that the Macbook Pro is not covered by the limited one year warranty from Apple if it is purchased through the Apple Student Developer Connection Discount. Does anyone know if this is true? I really don't want to spend an extra $350 on AppleCare off the spot.

Thanks for any help

• Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks for the quick replys, guys.

I e-mailed ADC a week ago, but they haven't responded yet, so I thought about posting here. As usual, you guys responded with a helpful answer.

I'll post when ADC e-mails back.

Thanks