Tagging Emails just like Del.icio.us

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Why can't we tag emails liek Del.icio.us?

Gmail lets you...sort of with labels.

I'm forced to use Entourage. The ability to use Spotlight is great, but not ideal when I'd like to return every email on a certain topic. I don't want to create folders for every topic I come across.

Anyway...thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone had any ideas how or thoughts on tagging emails for recovery purposes.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    MailTags.

Creates spotlight metadata for individual mail messages.

I freaking *love* this plug-in... and the accompanying MailActOn package is also very useful.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    varian72varian72 Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

MailTags.

Creates spotlight metadata for individual mail messages.

I freaking *love* this plug-in... and the accompanying MailActOn package is also very useful.

Wow. That is great. I wish I could use MAIL for my job instead of Entourage, however.

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Ah! Sorry! I thought you were saying that *because* you didn't have the tagging capability, you were forced to use Entourage. My bad.

No, I'm afraid I don't know of an equivalent for Entourage. \
  • Reply 4 of 4
    varian72varian72 Posts: 36member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Ah! Sorry! I thought you were saying that *because* you didn't have the tagging capability, you were forced to use Entourage. My bad.

No, I'm afraid I don't know of an equivalent for Entourage. \

Well, if Apple would enable mail to speak wtih exchange via the normal channels, I'd be in business. We don't use IMAP here.