Can I have two copies of the same app?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey guys,

Ok, I have a quick question. I am currently in the process of implementing the Kinkless KGTD system (kinkless.com for those of you not in the know), and with the most recent iteration the developer integrated awesome ical support. The problem is, I currently use ical to plan my entire life, and to record what i have done on a daily basis. As such, I don't want to integrate the two functions into one the one app, because then it would just get too confusing.

To solve this, I wanted to run two copies of ical in the same logon, but I'm not sure if this is possible. Does anyone one if i can do this? While I know i can make a simple copy of the app and rename it or place it elsewhere, I wasn't sure whether the support folders would cause a problem (and obviously don't want to screw up my current app in the process). Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    It shouldn't mess anything up, but it won't solve your problem either. Any copy will access the same files in the library as the original, so there won't be any difference within the app. Maybe you could use separate sets of calendars for kgtd, or would that somehow defeat the purpose? (I have no idea how that software works, just a thought.) Sorry not to be more helpful.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Lupa,

Cheers for the response. With 15 calendars already in ical (daily stuff - work, class, exams etc) i already have too many to allow me to add another 8/9 with the kgtd contexts (if you don't understand this, just know it will lead me to have around 25 calendars in my ical at any given time!). It's a shame i can't run two copies of ical, each with their own library files etc.

Anyway, cheers again. If anyone else has any input it would be much appreciated.

Dan.