Aperture - database question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of getteing a 17" MBP to relace me 15" PB.

I am hoping to get aperture & play with RAW more - am an amerture & don't want to use photoshop.

When away I will want to download & play with the images using the MBPs HDD. Once back home, I will want to keep all the RAW photos on an external HDD - will this be possible with Aperture 1.1? I read on here re issues re only one place to store all the photos is 1.0?

Currently the laptop will be my only machine.

Thanks

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Aperture stores all the RAW files in a single archive.

Aperture and Photoshop are two entirely different programs with different features. If you want to edit and modify your photos, there is no substitute for Photoshop. Aperture shines at organization, color correction*, and post processing. If you have a "I'll fix it in post" mentality, Aperture is probably not for you.

Aperture creates vaults so all the photos you take on vacation can be synced up to a backup file on your external drive. This will mirror the two archives so you have 2 copies of your photos.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Aperture stores all the RAW files in a single archive.

Aperture and Photoshop are two entirely different programs with different features. If you want to edit and modify your photos, there is no substitute for Photoshop. Aperture shines at organization, color correction*, and post processing. If you have a "I'll fix it in post" mentality, Aperture is probably not for you.

Aperture creates vaults so all the photos you take on vacation can be synced up to a backup file on your external drive. This will mirror the two archives so you have 2 copies of your photos.

The MBPs HDD is soon going to get full then? Guess I need a desktop then?

Oh well.....& thanks