MB and MBP -- Specific Comparison

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I currently have a 1.83 MBP with a 100GB 7200RPM HD and 2GB of RAM. I really wish it was a little smaller though.

What are your thoughts on switching to a MB, the black model. I would put a 7200RPM HD in it (I know it isn't an option, I would just do it myself with the HD from my current MBP) and keep the 2GB of ram.

I use the following hardware and applications on the go --

Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash 8

MS Office

Navicat

Zend

VPN Tracker

ARD3

Photoshop

All the iLife apps.

Browsers.

Would I notice any real change in performance? If not an increase due to the change in processor speed?

-Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I don't think so, none of those are supremely gpu intensive your render times might increase a bit but maxed out I really doubt it.

If your taking stuff out for the 13" what are you gonna do with your 15"?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jpenningtonjpennington Posts: 476member
    I actually already ordered the new MB. I had an iBook that I used for mobility purposes and by chance was able to sell it a friend tonight.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpennington

I actually already ordered the new MB. I had an iBook that I used for mobility purposes and by chance was able to sell it a friend tonight.

But that still doesn't say what your gonna do with your stripped mbp. If you take the hd and ram out of it your gonna sell a mbp with 512mb and 60gb hd? Werid.