Huh??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What's the diffence between the black and white Macbook if they are both souped up with memory and a big hard drive??

What I would like is the Macbook with the new operating system and Windows pre installed as an option

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

What's the diffence between the black and white Macbook if they are both souped up with memory and a big hard drive??

What I would like is the Macbook with the new operating system and Windows pre installed as an option

One is black, and one is white.

The title of your post must have taken some careful consideration on your part
  • Reply 2 of 16
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

One is black, and one is white.

The title of your post must have taken some careful consideration on your part

priceless!

b.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    why the price difference??
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

Why the price difference??

Apple knows there are people who will pay the premium for a Black MacBook.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They removed the debug code from the black one.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

They removed the debug code from the black one.

Yeah, but is it snappier?
  • Reply 7 of 16
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    It's not really black plastic. It's a super-secret composite whose reality distortion field is so strong no light can escape, thus making it look black.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

It's not really black plastic. It's a super-secret composite whose reality distortion field is so strong no light can escape, thus making it look black.

• Reply 9 of 16
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Black MacBooks are sold out all in all the Apple stores in Los Angeles. Clearly they should have charged evern more for black.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Is the black plastic better material than the white? More impact resistant? Less likely to crack?

The only obvious thing is that the black is going to be less prone to scratching because of the matte finish.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    I actually think that both are equally prone to scratching should you choose to scratch it, but I think the white would hide it better based on the way the iBooks held up.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Huh??

IBL?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    nauticalnautical Posts: 109member
    Most stupid thread name since the now infamous:

Hello, the

The disloyalists amongst you will know what I mean.

• Reply 14 of 16
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member

You guys crack me up every time.

But you know, this is an oddity. If you upgrade the Hard Drive of a white MacBook to 80GB, to be the same as the black, the white will still be less than the black one. $1,349.00 vs. $1,499.00, a difference of $150.00 less for the white with the same specs! The second oddity is that you aren't given an option for downgrading the specs for a black MacBook to the price of a white one. For people who realize that black is the worst color one could ever get, we of course don't give a rats ass about this. But for those that don't know... oh wait. There is something funny here. Hmmmm.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Admit it, matte black is much cooler than white. $150 cooler.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    netdognetdog Posts: 244member
    I have to say, my impression is that the white MacBook is actually the much cooler of the two.