Mac users can now play 1.3.3 wolf servers!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Take a peek here:

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wileyhouse/wolf/connecting133.html"; target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~wileyhouse/wolf/connecting133.html</a>;

I tested seven 1.3.3 servers, including an ID server and they all worked! Wahooo!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    [MA]Matt,

Good playing with you last night, even if my FPS are lagging. Seems the iMac 800 isn't the ultimate gaming machine after all, although it's satisfactory enough.

Regarding the 1.33 patch, I recall that the biggest change was in the delay between the time a medic poked you with a needle and the time you revived. Does that work as expected with your suggestion? Any other problems so far?

And, I ran into Mac Girl last night on the Beach.

So we did our favorite thing (you know,..shooting other people). But she's having problems getting onto your server. Hopefully she'll resolve that soon enough.

Ciao.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    MAJ MATT, i'll give this a try later and see if i can get onto any 1.3.3 servers. right now, it takes an hour to find any server to play on. for some reason, i tried entering your IP address in the favorites and it wouldnt come up. very odd. nothing happens when i do it.

hey GOBBLE, it was good running into you like that (what are the odds, huh?). the axis team was filled otherwise i would have been shooting yer butt, hehe. btw, i also have an imac g4/800, and i find the gameplay quite satisfactory. maybe try more ram. i have 768 but would like to take it to 1gig as soon as i have the moolah.

[ 06-20-2002: Message edited by: mac's girl ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 12
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Hey Matt thanks for the post on the update. i used it last night after seeing your post and it worked fine for me. All 5 of the 1.33 servers i tried i played on.

On some maps gobble it helps to kill the sky in your settings. Realize that some maps will have spots of lag no matter what machine you have. It's the map not your machine so much.

Destruction get's lag no matter what in the middle area with the 2 flags. Part of it's the sky, and a lot of it's the airstrikes people throw. I think of it more like Matrix mode!!!

By the way I go by DR COG when I play...maybe I'll bump into one of you. Again thanks for the heads up on the patch.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    What servers do you guys play on? Give me a page when you guys are playing or something.

AIM: dorkeugene
  • Reply 5 of 12
    biggsbiggs Posts: 2member
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hey guys and gals! This Biggs, author of the 1.33 instructions page. Mattman has solved a major problem with this hack, and because of that, the entire page has been updated. You can still find it here:

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wileyhouse/wolf/connecting133.html"; target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~wileyhouse/wolf/connecting133.html</a>;

Added to the hack is support for OSP servers, as well as the bug fix involved with Punkbuster. For a complete list of changes, check out the link.

Also, if you have already installed the hack, I would recommend following the "Previous Users" instructions located on the webpage. This update is important, and it is recommended that you install it, rather than keeping the older, buggier version.

And for those who still need to install the hack, simply read the instructions. I hope you enjoy a much needed fragfest!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, email me at [email protected]

[ 06-20-2002: Message edited by: Biggs ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Biggs,

Thanks - but what is OSP? And, since I always play with Punk Buster on, that really isn't an issue for me. But thanks to everyone who's made this hack work, except those boobs at Activision and Id.

Gobble Gobble
  • Reply 7 of 12
    biggsbiggs Posts: 2member
    Gobble-

I myself am not qutie sure what OSP is, but what I do know is that it is a mod that many PC Servers have started to use. It probably has something to do with a server, and doesn't affect gameplay. Still, I'm not sure.

- Biggs
  • Reply 8 of 12
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    OSP stands for Orange Smooth Productions. Odd, I know.

It basically augments the game by adding more commands, chats, votes and so on.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by MajorMatt:

<strong>OSP stands for Orange Smooth Productions. Odd, I know.

It basically augments the game by adding more commands, chats, votes and so on.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Matt,

Is OSP something that I download or does it reside on the server? As a player how do I use OSP? Is there an instruction manual or something I should read?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    No, not really. Type this into the console:

/cl_allowdownload 1

The find an OSP server and connect to it, with some luck it should install itself automatically.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    just wanted to say thanks! hunting for a compatible rtcw for an hour is a thing of the past (i hope)! been playing the new maps and getting on the 1.3.3 servers without a hitch.

• Reply 12 of 12
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    If you like the map Market Garden...search by map and play on " MOD" I play on the MOD server a lot.

Usually 32 in the game..so 16 each side...the maps big, and they play 5-8 lives. Some people hate lives, but i think it adds a dimension to the game other than Rambo!!!

I go by Dr COG