Sony Laptop w/ BluRay $3500

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
sony is releasing its new premium VAIO laptop with a bluray drive at a cost of $3500. wow thats alot of money! any thoughts on when apple will start including BLuray drives as an add-on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Don't know. Ask hmurchison, he is the blue ray disk expert.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shady104

sony is releasing its new premium VAIO laptop with a bluray drive at a cost of $3500. wow thats alot of money! any thoughts on when apple will start including BLuray drives as an add-on?

I don't know anything about Blu-Ray drive prices, or even whether they come in "slot-load" form like Apple requires, but it has occurred to me that Apple may have priced the 17" MBP at $2799 instead of $2999 to keep open a space for a high-end, Blu-ray configuration later this Summer (maybe August WWDC?) for $3299.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

Don't know. Ask hmurchison, he is the blue ray disk expert.

I am SO honored to have this gift bestowed upon myself.

Honestly though I'm thinking by this time next year Blu Ray might not be a standard item but at the very least a BTO.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I am SO honored to have this gift bestowed upon myself.

Honestly though I'm thinking by this time next year Blu Ray might not be a standard item but at the very least a BTO.

I knew the title of the thread would bring you out of hiding. No malice intende just poking fun.