Is there such thing as legal OEM software

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am wondering if there is such a thing as legal OEM software. Specifically, i am looking for legal OEM windows and OEM Office for Windows.

So my next question is where can i get legal OEM software if it does exist?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    project2501project2501 Posts: 433member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

I am wondering if there is such a thing as legal OEM software. Specifically, i am looking for legal OEM windows and OEM Office for Windows.

So my next question is where can i get legal OEM software if it does exist?

Thanks

OEM software is to be sold, complementary to a new computer. You can buy legal OEM Windows with new computer. And with computer microsoft means next to any computer component. So buy your self a new mouse and you are entitled to purchase OEM Windows, but do not use that windows with any other mouse
  • Reply 2 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Why are you wringing your hands over a Microsoft product?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Project2501

OEM software is to be sold, complementary to a new computer. You can buy legal OEM Windows with new computer. And with computer microsoft means next to any computer component. So buy your self a new mouse and you are entitled to purchase OEM Windows, but do not use that windows with any other mouse

where do i buy the OEM software? Can i get Office OEM too?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    resres Posts: 711member
    You can legally get OEM versions of Windows XP from most on-line stores like www.mwave.com and www.newegg.com -- the catch is that you can only buy it if you order hardware at the same time (an internal hard drive counts, you don't have to by a new mother board or processor).