Apple tablet?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
How long do you think it will be before Apple comes out with a table?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SquireM

They have them in all of their retail locations already.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,415member
    about 4 years
  • Reply 3 of 12
    squiremsquirem Posts: 29member
    Sorry,

TABLET
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Sorry,

TABLET

• Reply 5 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    good freakin God.

... I hope it's soon. Not because I like the idea or have any use for one, but because we'll never have to have another "when's the tablet coming?" thread!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    An Apple tablet would be beautiful. I certainly would not get one, but they would look awesome. It seems like this has been speculated for quite awhile now and nothing. Do you think a tablet would be an extremely successful product for Apple?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

good freakin God.

... I hope it's soon. Not because I like the idea or have any use for one, but because we'll never have to have another "when's the tablet coming?" thread!

No, we'll bombard you poor, dang moderators with, "When's the NEW model of the Apple Tablet coming out?" I personally plan to complain vociferously, long and loud if the Apple Tablet update cycle is any longer than three months.

Poor, dang moderators....

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Hey, aidanp, I've deleted a bunch of your posts. You know why.

Don't do it again.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I think the reason everyone is so gung-ho about a tablet is because it seems like a merger of Apple's strong portable line (which has generally tended towards mobility over desktop replacement like Alienware or other PC manufacturers) and Apple's iPod line.

That said, tablets are a small market niche. And when you multiply that by the size of the Mac marketshare, it doesn't look like all that many sales. The simple fact is that no one wants to pay laptop prices for something that isn't as full featured as a laptop. The engineering costs mean that you'd be paying for a Core Solo (either Merom or Yonah) and worse graphics, smaller HDD, less RAM than a MacBook, but paying MacBook prices ($999 at best). I could see a MacBook mini though. A 10-12 inch 4:3 laptop would sell well as a subnotebook and could still have most the noteboook features at a reasonable price.

That said, they could pull an iPod and blow a whole field of electronics wide open. Conventional wisdom gets thrown out a lot in fast moving fields like computers.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

LMFAO!

oh my ribs (C) tom servo

• Reply 11 of 12
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Are you related to President Bush per chance?

• Reply 12 of 12
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    Another Apple Table thread... um.. sorry Tablet thread descends into chaos....

There are hundreds of these threads all over FH. Does this one deserve to be alive?

I think not.

bxx