I NEED storage!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm really wanting one of the new macbooks, but I have a slight dilemma.

My iMac G5 has a 160GB hard drive (which is near full) and I can't live without having AT LEAST that much storage.

I'll be selling my mac mini and iMac to get the mac book.

But I need a bigger hard drive than 120GB.

Any ideas? Are we going to be seeing 200GB any time soon? It's pretty hard to find 160GB laptop hard drive for a reasonable price right now.

The main problem is I have a 60GB iPod that's almost full (which is 3/4 of the 80GB base drive).

Should I keep my iTunes library on an external drive? This to me sounds like a pain...

HELP!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    You may have to purchase the MacBook with the smallest HD (save money) then buy a larger one separately. Then sell the original HD, doubt Apple will offer this new HD in their lineup soon.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Should I keep my iTunes library on an external drive? This to me sounds like a pain...

That's what I did. Seems like a pain at first but not as much of a pain as keeping all that on your boot drive. After you get used to it, you'll be glad to have the flexibility.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    One option - don't sell one of your Macs and keep the iTunes library on it and share the Library over a wireless network.

Storing an external on network hardrive is also an option - but Mac compatibility is less obvious.