Flashplayer & Safari

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Recently I downloaded the new Flashplayer to view a website. Now when I go to a site with Flash content, it'll say "plugin-click to load." I've tried reinstalling a couple of times with no help. Anyone have advice? I even reinstalled Quicktime hoping that it would take care of the Flash content.

EDIT: looks like it was SafariStand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Shapiro2,

I had the same thing happen to me when I updated Flash Player. They don't have Universal Binaries for their products yet. As a result, you're essentially screwed until they get with the program and get those universal binaries out for people to use.

I've been using Safari under Rosetta now ever since. Now that Macromedia has been absorbed by Adobe, we get to wait even longer as Adobe tends to be slow as hell when it comes to putting out current apps for the current Macs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    zeeplezeeple Posts: 31member
    I am having trouble playing swf files in any browser. Swf sounds specifically. I have reinstalled Firefox and reinstalled the flash player plugin and all to no avail.

The sound works on my G5 in general. iTunes is fine, sound effects are fine. But for some reason swf sounds do not play in either Safari or in Firefox.

Any idea on this one?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zeeple

I am having trouble playing swf files in any browser. Swf sounds specifically. I have reinstalled Firefox and reinstalled the flash player plugin and all to no avail.

The sound works on my G5 in general. iTunes is fine, sound effects are fine. But for some reason swf sounds do not play in either Safari or in Firefox.

Any idea on this one?

opening / using some software messes with some sound-settings. In my particular case: using the Audacity sound editor (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) makes Flash not to play any sound anymore. Check this for a solution: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300832

hope this helps... admins, move to Genius Bar if appropriate

[spoon]
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zeeplezeeple Posts: 31member
    That was the answer crooked spoon. Thanks!!