NYC gremlins: I need

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Alright all you NYC natives, I need some advice about catching a Broadway/Off Broadway show. Ticket prices staying $75 or less per seat for seats would be great.

I need some solid picks and please don't send me to a bad neighborhood.

Also, any other suggestions would be greeat for seeing and visiting and don't worry, the Apple Store is on the list, albeit not at the top.

TIA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I can't help much on the show thing, but if you tell me a little about your trip I might be able to help. It's a big city with a lot of things to do.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Also, any other suggestions would be greeat for seeing and visiting and don't worry, the Apple Store is on the list, albeit not at the top.

TIA

Not at the top...?hmmm...

Obviously travelling with the wife or GF and have yet to completely assimilate her into the RDF. Ye have more work to do, lad!

Big city with too many things to do in a lifetime. Have a good trip and don't even think of not posting pics and impressions fo the Apple Store, but stay out of the elevator.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    We are there for three full days (not counting coming and going).

I have the trip pretty well planned (minus where we are going to eat everyday). We are staying on the Upper West Side and this is not our first time there. Yeah, I have the wife with me hence the low ranking of the Apple store.

This Broadway thing has me for a loop.

Btw, how are the subways after dark? They still fairly safe?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    As ever it pays to be aware, but I take the subways often at least as late as midnight and feel safe. You might want to check out the tkts booth in times square for your show tickets.

My general advice would be to try and do something a little off the usual tourist trail. Maybe walk around Chelsea and check out the galleries. Take a walk around the meat market and see how what was once an area filled with slaughterhouses and transi hookers is now filled with fancy shops and expensive restaraunts. Walk down the side streets in the west Village and the walk east over to Washington Square Park. Check out the Lower East Side and catch a band at Arlene's Grocery.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Oddly enough I just remembered that I recently saw a play that I enjoyed. It was the new version of the Three Penny Opera with Alan Cumming. You can check it out here.