iPhoto question. Dates of photos

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey, i just got about 2000 pics from a friend of mine, and about to import them, but then i realized they all have wrong dates on them. I looked through iPhoto and can't seem to find an easy solution for this. Is there a thrid party software out there? or something in iPhoto i missed over, where i can change the dates easily on groups of photos. The problem is the photos are over a period of 3 months, and i want to keep them together. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    It seems to me that you that what you really want to do is to create albums of for each significant event. Do this and don't worry about your old pictures. This task will be greatly aided by displaying your pictures in Rolls. Correct the time and date in your digital camera for your pictures in the future.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    You can use the batch change feature, I think its under Edit (not at the mac right now). You can highlight groups of pictures, change the date and even the time the photo was taken. Lots of other options too, for changing title, etc.

Hope this helps!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    you can't edit the EXIF data from the actual jpeg from within iPhoto, though if you change the date within iPhoto, iPhoto will recognize that date. But, if you just give someone else the jpeg file, it will have the old date.

So, if you really want to change the dates, edit the EXIF data and then import them into iPhoto. The best program for batch editing dates is probably PhotoInfo (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12156). It will take some time to do the files themselves, and may not be worth the effort.

But that's how you can do it if you wanna. Good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bryan.furybryan.fury Posts: 164member
    i have a similiar problem: i have a bunch of photos (>1000) of my wedding from different sources and unfortunately the time-setings on each camera was different. i already have them in iPhoto and would like to have them arranged by date - but obviously they are off.

i tried PhotoInfo on one file in my iPhoto library, but when i opened iPhoto that file still showed the previous time setting.

any suggestions how i can batch-change (e.g.: adding 59 minutes to the time) photos already in iPhoto?