Kazaa for Mac!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We need a fasttrack client for mac. ive had enough of limewire and neo is no good to be brutal. does anyone feel we should start a petition (in true mac user fashion) or is someone making a client that i don't know about??

Cheers

Ramone

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Kazaa wont release a client until they figure a way to make the spyware work on OS 9 and X. Otherwise, the app itself is easier than pie to make.



    In a way, be happy those bastards dont have a client filled with spyware for us.



    I just wish for a "Kazaa Lite" type app. Neo sucks royally (despite all the great effort)
  • Reply 2 of 19
    ok, fine but what is spyware???

    And yes im going to say it again, Neo Sucks Balls!!
  • Reply 3 of 19
    brianmacosbrianmacos Posts: 548member
    Ok just go to this link <a href="http://cgi.techtv.com/search?query_text=kazaa&section=entire+site&date_r ange=past+month" target="_blank">http://cgi.techtv.com/search?query_text=kazaa&section=entire+site&date_r ange=past+month</a> it tells you all about the issues of Kazaa and why you shouldn't use it on the PC side along with issues around Kazaa. If it ever comes out for the Mac I will not download it. Spyware watches your machine and keeps track what exactly you look at on the net along other things. <img src="graemlins/oyvey.gif" border="0" alt="[No]" />
  • Reply 4 of 19
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Not to mention it put a virus on my dad's PC (not that I care, serves him right for buying a Dell).
  • Reply 5 of 19
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Acquisition is turning out to be pretty spiffy...it's Cocoa...and the damn search works now. Great interface. Down with Limewire!
  • Reply 6 of 19
    airioxairiox Posts: 20member
    [quote]Down with Limewire!<hr></blockquote>



    You can say that again can only hope the come out with a better file sharer
  • Reply 7 of 19
    seppakseppak Posts: 38member
    Definitely use Acquisition. It is LimeWire with a good interface.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    where do you get Acquisition from, kneedidy know, thanks!

    Ramone

    DOWN WITH LIMEWIRE! <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" />
  • Reply 9 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I've still never been able to get Acquisition to work for me.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    [quote]Originally posted by Tom Raymond:

    <strong>where do you get Acquisition from, kneedidy know, thanks!</strong><hr></blockquote>

    Search for it at <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com"; target="_blank">versiontracker</a>.



    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

    <strong>I've still never been able to get Acquisition to work for me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

    Me Either.



    [ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: crawlingparanoia ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 19
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Acquisition is a great app. I just downloaded it and it is working well for me. I'm in the process of downloading my first song from it.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    edmundedmund Posts: 3member
    Argh. Acquisition does not support file sharing. That's the whole point! Just downloading stuff without ever giving anything back is evil!



    Just use LimeWire.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    [quote]Originally posted by Edmund:

    <strong>Argh. Acquisition does not support file sharing. That's the whole point! Just downloading stuff without ever giving anything back is evil!



    Just use LimeWire.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I had the same experience. Back to good old limewire. Also for the DEEP probes try even gooder and even older HOTLINE.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i haven't had any luck with Aquisition either. LimeWire sucks big fvcken donkey balls tho. It's disgusting. If you want something that will work on the gnutella network (which Aquisition and LimeWire use) get `gnut`. It's all CLI, but its crazy good. I think its available on sf.net.



    haq th' planit
  • Reply 15 of 19
    mandricardmandricard Posts: 486member
    [quote]Originally posted by Edmund:

    Acquisition does not support file sharing. That's the whole point! Just downloading stuff without ever giving anything back is evil!<hr></blockquote>



    On the acquisition boards, it says that sharing is up for the next release, I think.



    Mandricard

    AppleOutsider
  • Reply 16 of 19
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

    <strong>Ok just go to this link <a href="http://cgi.techtv.com/search?query_text=kazaa&section=entire+site&date_r ange=past+month" target="_blank">http://cgi.techtv.com/search?query_text=kazaa&section=entire+site&date_r ange=past+month</a> it tells you all about the issues of Kazaa and why you shouldn't use it on the PC side along with issues around Kazaa. If it ever comes out for the Mac I will not download it. Spyware watches your machine and keeps track what exactly you look at on the net along other things. <img src="graemlins/oyvey.gif" border="0" alt="[No]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>





    The spyware is nothing. Someone will strip it right out when it comes to the Mac just like Kazaa Lite for example on the PC.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    This is terribly strange...wondering if it's something worng with my network or computer. I can't get Neo, Limewire, or Acquisition to work AT ALL. The only thing that will actually work and let me search and d/l stuff has been iSwipe. That's not bad, but only 1 out of 50 actually d/l in the end, the others are queued for what seems like an eternity. What gives?
  • Reply 18 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

    <strong>This is terribly strange...wondering if it's something worng with my network or computer. I can't get Neo, Limewire, or Acquisition to work AT ALL. The only thing that will actually work and let me search and d/l stuff has been iSwipe. That's not bad, but only 1 out of 50 actually d/l in the end, the others are queued for what seems like an eternity. What gives?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    You never have any good look with your computer, do you Tiger?
  • Reply 19 of 19
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    This computer looks good, but I never have any luck with computers.



    *sigh*
Sign In or Register to comment.