IE 5.2.1 is out.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/mac/DOWNLOAD/IE/ie521.asp"; target="_blank">Go and get it here, if that's your bag.</a>

My $.02--I use Mozilla a lot, OW, Chimera occasionally...this update is a world of difference from 5.2. Suddenly IE is flying, especially on rendering and tables. It's a remarkable improvement.

If you've been off of IE, and your reasons aren't political but performance based, this might be a good time to take a look at it again.

Just wish I could block those ads...grrrr.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    DAMN IT. Why this again?

NOOOOO!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with those people?? :confused:

&lt;end rant&gt;
  • Reply 2 of 7
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    I agree that this update to Explorer seems much improved to the 5.2 update. It does seem much faster in many aspects, although I am reporting only using it a few minutes. I do not wish to give false hope or praise. However, I am happy with it so far, and I am very happy it did not reset my homepage this time around.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    nullptrnullptr Posts: 21member
    I was actually quite impressed with this release. Sites seem to load a LOT faster. I did some testing against my IE 6.0 browser in Windows (450MHz Pentium III) and 5.21 on my 450MHz G4. While IE 5.21 is not as fast as IE 6.0 in Windows, the difference is a lot less than what it once was. If I had to guess, I would say it's up to about 80% the speed on average. Upon loading some pages that were recently cached, IE 5.21 actually completed the rendering faster than IE 6! Now if Jaguar could give us even more speed...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brianmacosbrianmacos Posts: 548member
    Hellz yes IE 5.2.1 is much faster at every thing now compared to 5.2!! It starts up faster and loads every site much quicker. Now only if they would stop displaying the banner when IE Loads like we don't know what browser we are loading that could shave off a split second!!!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Funny thing, I downloaded and installed the IE update, but I haven't used it yet. Omniweb 4.1 is so good there is simply no reason to be M$'s bitch while surfing the net.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    Does anyone else consider the 2001 date, listing on the start-up screen on IE, a bit troublesome? As far as I know, it was released in 2002. Has Microsoft been holding out on us? Or they are just too lazy or careless to bother updating it.

I am joking a bit here....

But it does seem somewhat odd to me.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    wow, thought people were kidding about being faster, guess not.

cool beans.