Star Wars EP III still sucks...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
{boy what's with the smartass replies? y'all need to chill pleease...}

I've been watching Ep III on cable nearly every time it's been on (so sad) and i've been trying, TRYING to find anything good about how George Lucas ended the story...but, the acting, the dialogue...even the way he told the story....STILL pisses me off....

In my not so humble opinion her should have made I II and III 4 hour epics like Lord of the Rings...instead, he used the three movies to experiment with CGI and gree nscreen and all-digital...

he took a GREAT GREAT story and butchered it....

I'd redo the stories/movies myself if he gave me $800 million dollars...

I was 8 years old when I saw Star Wars in 1977 and I want that feeling of "wow that's COOOL!!!!!!" back....

Mace "Break" Windu went out like a punk...

The jedi from the clone cartoons were better fighters than the punks in the movies...

Dooku went out like a punk too!!!

Lucas sacrificed the STORY for technological advancements.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    The Franken-vader scene at the end of the movie summed it up for me.

• Reply 2 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Of course it was terrible, Lucas directed it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    My wife & I watched Ep III on HBO-HD last week. It was the first time she saw it. Throughout the movie she kept remarking on how the dialogue was so incredibly bad. I personally find the first 10-20 minutes (the space fight scene through Dooku's death and the escape of Gen. Grevious) just about the only enjoyable part of this movie.

You want to see something good? Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7Rr...elated&search=
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    It all happened in 1999 when I got special tickets through my university "star wars fan club" (tragic, I know, this was when I was 18 and had not kissed a girl yet)...

So anyways the president of the fan club got up in front of the crowd before the start and had a good rant: "...This is George Lucas' vision and the really really great moment we've all been waiting for...!"

Then Episode I started. Then 5 minutes into it, I was, oh my god, this is totally not good. And it didn't get better.

It was a real shock to my system. Luckily in the same year I saw The Matrix and that was let's just say surprisingly and awe-inspiringly a beneficial experience.

Following the Episode I shock in 1999, Episode II and III have been just fun to watch for the effects. Episode III had some killer effects sequences. and Clone Wars, the animation, was really excellent.

So yeah, I guess I now think of Star Wars as well, just what it is. A huge franchise, almost incomprehensible, once you take into account the games. Some childhood memories here and there, but nothing to outrageously pleasing.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

You want to see something good? Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7Rr...elated&search=

Right now that is the BEST Star Wars thingy EVER..!!

OMFG
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    "What the hell is an aluminum falcon?"

"You got an ATM on that torso lite-brite of yours?"