Flash player not UB?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently installed Flash Proffesional, and at the end of the installation it aksed me if I wanted to install the latest Flash plug-in for my browsers.

So I installed the plug-in, and everything flash on any website is totally screwed...

I went to the adobe site to check out the latest Flash plug-in, and apparently it still isn't UB.

It says,

Quote:

If the installed version is 8.0.22.0, or 8.0.24.0, and you are not running Safari in Rosetta mode, you have the PowerPC version of Flash Player 8 installed. This version can only be run in Rosetta mode. You can follow the steps below to run Flash Player 8 in Rosetta, or follow the steps above to update to the current version of the preview release.

If you have to run safari in Rosetta to get Flash working, how come everything worked before I installed the plug-in and not running safari under Rosetta?

(Safari under Rosetta is dog-slow)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Apple ships a Universal Binary version, whereas Flash Professional ships with an older version. Simply reinstall that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by b3nj

I recently installed Flash Proffesional, and at the end of the installation it aksed me if I wanted to install the latest Flash plug-in for my browsers.

So I installed the plug-in, and everything flash on any website is totally screwed...

I went to the adobe site to check out the latest Flash plug-in, and apparently it still isn't UB.

It says,

If you have to run safari in Rosetta to get Flash working, how come everything worked before I installed the plug-in and not running safari under Rosetta?

(Safari under Rosetta is dog-slow)

Don't run safari in rosetta. Get this edition of the plugin:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...al_preview.dmg
  • Reply 3 of 3
    b3njb3nj Posts: 70member
    thanx for the help.

got it running...

Pretty strange though that there isn't an "official" release of the Flash player.