Sony Ericsson W800i software and MBP

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi, I bought a MBP a few weeks ago, but the software that comes along with my W800i is only compitable with Windows which I don't have atm.

Is there a (good) program for Mac OS X that allows me to transfer songs/videos/pictures from/to my W800i?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mark J.

Hi, I bought a MBP a few weeks ago, but the software that comes along with my W800i is only compitable with Windows which I don't have atm.

Is there a (good) program for Mac OS X that allows me to transfer songs/videos/pictures from/to my W800i?

Thanks

A Google search for "w800i OS X" should get you started.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    mark j.mark j. Posts: 11member
    Can you recommend "750i Grabber" or "ITuneMyWalkman" or maybe another program?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Can you recommend "750i Grabber" or "ITuneMyWalkman" or maybe another program?

I don't actually have a w800i so can't offer recommendations, sorry.

All I know is that it's definitely possible to use a w800i with OS X. I think there's even a solution for using it directly with iTunes (not iTMS songs, though).
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Damn you guys are quick

Well, I think you can use the "ITuneMyWalkman", but as far as i know there is a risk of getting a kernel panic or other errors, but I'm not sure.

Btw, I already got an iPod installed, could it be a problem if I use iTunes to transfer?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

[BBtw, I already got an iPod installed, could it be a problem if I use iTunes to transfer? [/B]

No.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

No.

Any recommendations - anyone?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Any recommendations - anyone?

Why are you so afraid to do your own research? Comments on Version Tracker seem to suggest that iTuneMyWalkman works pretty well, as long as you make sure you have the latest firmware for the phone.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I just found out that my firmware on my W800i is "R1L002"

So can I use ITuneMyWalkman to update the firmware or is there a possibility?