Limewire and OS X. Bad combination?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Perhaps this is genius bar but more likely I put it in the right place. I run OS 10.1.5 and DLed Limewire. Thing is... after I decide I want to quit it won't quit. I eventually HAVE to force quit this. Please someone else tell me you've noticed this. All it does is move it down to the dock. Help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    brianmacosbrianmacos Posts: 548member
    Hey, I had this same probably for the longest time. I always had to force quit the program. The problem has gone away for some reason not it closes fine. I dunno what happen but at least it is running right.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

<strong>Hey, I had this same probably for the longest time. I always had to force quit the program. The problem has gone away for some reason not it closes fine. I dunno what happen but at least it is running right.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Crap! That doesn't helP! But thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. Anybody else take a stab a this?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    The truth is.....Limewire is kind of buggy. Ya know it sucks in a lot of ways.......but if you need it , then use it. I have a dual ghz, and to me limewire has a mind of it's own at times.

Not that i answered your question either...just know that even the fastest mac runs Limewire like crap. I'd guess that makes Limewire a pieceO'crap mb?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    In the preferences, you can alter the quit behavior. There's a way to have it quit right away, but I can't remember what it is right now. I know for a fact, though, that it's there. Personally, I can't stand the program. I'm using <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15375&db=mac"; target="_blank">Acquisition</a> right now and it's much better.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It won't quit if there are active downloads...I think that's the odd behavior.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bantokbantok Posts: 2member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>It won't quit if there are active downloads...I think that's the odd behavior.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The option for this behavior is under Preferences:Shutdown.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Limewire gives me a bunch of problems (including the one mentioned here). From time to time it crashes the system ( or at least it makes it impossible to enter my password to quit the screensaver). Also, it occasionaly does some funky GUI things (chomping into windows of other aps).

I think macosrumors blamed it for crashing there server a little bit ago.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Thanks all. I got the problem fixed. You all rule. Now if you can just check the Genius Bar for my internet explorer font issue....