Macbook with skin

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I bought a skin for a 14" notebook from somewhere online, trimmed it down. The first one (carbon fiber) didn't quite work out (learning process) but this one, which i didn't like off of the macbook, i really prefer on it more than the carbon fiber look. I think it looks pretty nice - even more so in person.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11

Why would you do that do your beautiful MacBook!?!? IMO that is absolutely horrid looking. But hey, whatever does it for you...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pcguru83

Why would you do that do your beautiful MacBook!?!? IMO that is absolutely horrid looking. But hey, whatever does it for you...

yup...i was getting sick of Fairy White so i put that on there for now. they are removable and do not damage the ibook, actually protect them.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

"Fairy" white?

yeah, like Tooth Fairy White. White Teeth, get it? Sheeeeesh, some people wave their flags around and get excited over nothing.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    My problem with it is that it doesn't cover the whole top, and you can still see the white on the edges. Makes it look like you just stuck a big sticker on there (which is really what you did). Maybe of the edges of the 'skin' blended more with white back of the MacBook screen (or at least the edges of the skin).
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyr3

My problem with it is that it doesn't cover the whole top, and you can still see the white on the edges. Makes it look like you just stuck a big sticker on there (which is really what you did). Maybe of the edges of the 'skin' blended more with white back of the MacBook screen (or at least the edges of the skin).

yeah, there is no way around it, Fairy White makes for a very bright border!

Its removable without damaging the case, so its just sticker fun.

I don't think a black one would be good for attaching stickers (skins) since they are kinda bumpy. But most people don't want junk like that on their laptops anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    iBook? MacBook mate.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    spillerspiller Posts: 5member
    I'm disappointed; from the heading I thought you must be talking about Anthropodermic Bibliopegy.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    mcnewbiemcnewbie Posts: 27member
    So people don't recommend "skins" or "shields" like these? www.shieldzone.com
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I have to say I think it's disgusting what you have done to that MB. It may not be the most beautiful machine Apple have ever made, but it's still pretty damn sexy, and to "Pimp your Mac" is an abomination.

Still, it's your computer, and I don't have to look at it!!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Whatever floats your boat man.