What's with the lack of Apple acquisitions?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple keeps a lot of cash on hand for various reason. One is to move quickly should they need to acquire a company. What I'm a bit shocked by is the total lack of movement in this area. Schemasoft was the last acquisition I can remember and that was relatively small.

As much as I love the idea of Apple creating new apps from scratch the reality is that comes with a lot of growing pains. I thought by now they'd have made a few acquisitions that hint as to what direction they plan to move in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I hope they purchase Parellels.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

I hope they purchase Parellels.

Parallels might be a good pickup. Let's be honest their penetration into the PC market is going to be small unless they can get some sort of critical mass with consumers. VMware has the biz market locked down right now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I was wondering the same thing. I think now that RIM and PALM might be going out on a date, Apple should wait until they wed and swoop in for the kill! 8)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I have absolutely no data to back this up only my observations. Most Mac users, myself included, also use pcs. Virtualization helps to keep these users in Macs and not converting over to pcs. With me, instead of getting a new pc laptop, I'm going to get a MBP and run windows on my Mac.