trackpad just stopped working on my week 17 MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am just needing to vent. My trackpad just stopped working on me in the airport. Rebooted and no luck, booted into windows with no luck. Doesn't even work when picking which OS to boot in to.

I leave for vacation when I get back in tomorrow and thank goodness I have a 12" iBook.

Am I missing anything? I suppose I will call applecare when I get back.

This may be a good time to butch about my freekn loud CPU buzz whine when on battery.

I had to post this from my CrackBerry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Well... if it doesn't work in OS X or XP (using BootCamp)... sounds like a hardware issue.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My trackpad for my PowerBook 12" also broke within a month back in July 2005. Was fixed within a week, thankfully the day before I left for a ten-day long trip to Japan.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FireEmblemPride

My trackpad for my PowerBook 12" also broke within a month back in July 2005. Was fixed within a week, thankfully the day before I left for a ten-day long trip to Japan.

Called AppleCare and they agreed. It is broke. They are also going to check out the buzzing sound on my MBP 2 GHz. It appears they are recognizing it as a problem. I believe I am going to get a new machine out of the deal but I will wait and see what happens. I want the trackpad fixed (obviously) and the buzzing sound gone. The guy on the phone agreed.

Luckily, I have a 12" iBook going with me to NYC tomorrow. Otherwise, I would be screwed. But at least they are stepping up on the CPU buzzing. I am pleased if it gets fixed. I will report back when I get it back.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I just installed .4.7 on my iBook 12" and my track pad stopped working on that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?????