iCal Reminder Problem

agiagi
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi there,

I have recently noticed an issue with iCal where reminders are not being generated for events. Until a couple of months ago I would always get them popping up with a sound, so I know it isn't an issue with me not setting them up correctly.

I have tried trashing all the iCal preferences and rebooting to see if that made any difference but no luck. I have also made sure that the iCalAlarmScheduler is active on my login items list.

Googling for this problem hasn't helped either.

My Mac is running 10.4.7 and all my other software is up to date.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Adam.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    Have you done the tried-and-true permissions repair? If not, try it. Otherwise, you may consider reinstalling the OS, I'd guess (archive and install).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

Have you done the tried-and-true permissions repair? If not, try it. Otherwise, you may consider reinstalling the OS, I'd guess (archive and install).

yeah, i repaired the permission after installing 10.4.7 but still hasn't solved the problem. i guess it is time to reinstall...what a waste of a day...

Adam.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Isn't it possible to just replace the program from disc 2?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    You may also hold out for a wiser expert to show here-- could be an issue with some sort of temporary file or preference?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Make sure that you don't have "Turn off alarms when iCal is not open" selected in the Advance section of iCal Preferences. I don't use iCalAlarmScheduler so I can not help you with that.

reg
  • Reply 6 of 6
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

Make sure that you don't have "Turn off alarms when iCal is not open" selected in the Advance section of iCal Preferences. I don't use iCalAlarmScheduler so I can not help you with that.

reg

i definitely don't have that option checked.

it is pretty strange as all of the suggestions here are ones that generally fix problems with apps but for some reason they aren't doing any good here. my other concern is that i can't find a single person who appears to have had a similar issue - it is not as if i tinker with my system much either, it is a fairly bog standard installation.

Adam.