MacBook Pro Slow to Startup

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have had my MacBook Pro for about 4 months, and I love it! One of the first things I noticed about it was how fast it would startup, like 30 seconds. In the last couple of weeks, though, I have noticed that it takes a long time to boot. It shows the apple icon, then just seems to sit there for about 5 minutes before it finishes starting up.

Has anybody else noticed this problem? Any ideas what I can do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    Have you done any "questionable" installs? Are you using bootcamp/Windows? Any details you might be able to offer?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Oh, and welcome to the forums!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I haven't performed any questionable installs. I did install boot camp, but never had to use it with windows, so I uninstalled it. After the uninstall, my computer was working just fine. The startup time was what it was when I originally bought it.

I have noticed that after the uninstall of boot camp, when it goes to start, it seems to check if the windows partition is there before you see the apple icon. Maybe it does have something to do with boot camp.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Not sure if this will help, but if you go to System Preferences/Startup Disk, select OS X. The long boot time may be because your computer's searching for a boot volume. (Maybe?)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    That was a great idea! It seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Cool. Glad to help.