I wish had a connections.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It would be nice to be a relative or friend of someone who works at Apple so you could know more about what stuff might come out or be made. I would like to know what the chances of a new iPod comming out before my B-Day on July 22. Do they at least announce when a new product comes out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I doubt a new iPod will come out before August or September.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    delectricdelectric Posts: 18member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

what does that mean?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Delectric

Do they at least announce when a new product comes out?

Nope, they don't even announce it any more. You just have to order blind and hope you get something good.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Delectric

It would be nice to be a relative or friend of someone who works at Apple so you could know more about what stuff might come out or be made. I would like to know what the chances of a new iPod comming out before my B-Day on July 22. Do they at least announce when a new product comes out?

You are obviously not familar with the way Apple works. They are extremly secret about their products. In fact, the even go as far as to give seperate code names of projects to different departments so that departments do not colaborate to figure out too many details of a project, and as well to localize a leak when it occurs. All briefs have the employees names watermarked on them. There are extremly few employees within Apple except the head honchos who know about products before they are released. The major exception is Mac OS X, as I have been told my an Apple representative.